Starting with my first post......

11:45 PM

Hello I'm Ashutosh and my foray with value investing started one year back when I read the book presented to me by friends:- The "Intelligent Investor" by Ben Graham . That one small book opened the door for me to so many great reading and citations. And following citations after citation I came to know about some of the greatest investors and there themes.
I would like to name some of my gurus from whom I have learnt a lot, not only in investing but also in psychology, behavior and different approaches to tackle a problem. From them I came to know that that there is not just formula or a single theme which is all to make money in stock market or any venture but there are many themes (not mere calculations) which one should be aware of and use as the situation demands . Well let me tell you about my Gurus, and they are Ben Graham, Warren Buffet, Charlie Munger, Mohnish Pabrai and Prof Sanjay Bakshi. Well there are many great value investors but I choose to follow them and you can follow the ones you like to or even you can create your own theme, it’s just that I don’t want to get caught in “The Innovator's Dilemma” I choose to follow great themes.
Concluding my first post here I would like to inform you that value investing is easy said then done . Mr. Warren Buffet referred to inefficient bush theory in one of his letters which is “a bird in hand is worth two in a bush” and believe it finding such kind of bush, in which birds are ready to fly so that you can catch them, is one of the most enduring task. I remember august 2007 when I was reading Intelligent Investor (Some thought that it’s a very easy read or is a day’s book but the truth is that you need to work with the book instead of just reading it ) my colleagues at that time were making lot of money but just that I had determined not to invest before knowing about what I’m getting into ,had helped me a lot . Last but not the least I want to tell you that I’m not an MBA from some high profile college but I’m a chemical engineer from Banara Hindu Univerity . And mean it if you can “digest” (not jut read) the writings of Ben Graham, Warren Buffet Munger , Pabrai and Mr. Bakshi you won’t need an MBA.


Thanks

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images